Here are a few of my favourite memories from 2015:
My daughter and I went to the Canadian National Figure Skating Championships Gala. I love figure skating an have been a fan for a long time. It was great to see some of my favourite skaters up close in our home arena.
2. Each year we drive to Florida to enjoy a week of sunshine. We have been going to Sarasota for the past several years, since we started travelling in our RV. We love Sun N Fun, which is a resort campground. The kids have a blast because there is so much to do right at the park.
3. As soon as the weather turns nice we spend time at our cottage. Waterskiing is a favourite sport for my husband and son. I for one like to be a spectator!
4. This year we added a new addition to the cottage - a wood fired hot tub. My husband loves the hot tub at home and his brother had one so he had to have one too. We love it! It was quite the production getting it to our water access only cottage!
5. Once our school is out for holidays we always plan a longer RV trip. This year we headed into the US to explore Maine. We started out in Portland and then worked our way north to Bar Harbor. We enjoyed Lighthouses, walking and touring around Portland and the kids and my husband had an experience ziplining and tree top trekking at our resort campground. It was a definite highlight!
6. We loved spending a few days in Bar Harbor. The highlight of this stop was a outing on a lobster boat to learn more about lobstering. We also cruised past an old lighthouse and got to watch a large group of seals playing while the sun was setting!
7. Our next stop was Lunenbourg in Nova Scotia. On our bucket list was to go on the Bluenose, a famous racing schooner, which is docked at Lunenbourg. Unfortunately my timing was wrong and the ship was not in port. That was my only disappointment of the trip. We did get to go out on a much smaller boat, but as luck would have it, there was no wind so we really didn't get the experience of sailing. The kids did get to steer the boat for a good part of the trip.
8. Another highlight occurred back at our cottage. Our daughter was determined to learn to ski but had not been successful to date. Finally, with the help of family, she got up, stayed up and made it around the lake. Seriously proud moment for her and especially her waterskiing loving father!
9. The holidays are always a highlight. We bought new living room furniture and then decorated.
10. My final highlight is the birth of my nephew. He is simply adorable. I am sure he will be spoiled by his much older cousins.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my top 10. Happy New Year to you!
Until next time,