Thursday, 6 November 2014

Liebster Award!

     I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Ms. Makinson,  an amazing teacher and seller on TPT.  I am excited to share about myself and to nominated 11 more up and coming blogs.  


     1.  Why and when did you start blogging?

I started my blog at the end of this past summer of 2014.  I had been wanting to start but never had the push or the time to investigate exactly how to do it.  I decided that the time was right at the start of the new school year and dived in! 

2.  What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

I like to think my blog will give some insight into what it looks like in a Grade 1 classroom.  I guess my one word would have to be “insightful”.

3.  Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?

Take pictures!!! I am really struggling with remembering that.  Life is busy in my classroom.  There is rarely time to stand back and just watch the kids.  I am trying to keep my phone closer at hand and make notes in my plans to take photos of things that I want to capture and for some formative student assessment.

4.  What is your favourite past time other than blogging?

I love to read, but save most of my reading to vacation time.  When I pick up a good book I have a really hard time putting it down.  I love to spend time reading other blogs, checking out Pinterest and creating products for my TPT store.  Creating has definitely been my favourite thing to do recently.  It  is a bit of an addiction. J

5.  How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?

Not many right now  I am still wrapping my head around blogging.  I have been sending some of my time looking for opportunities to join blog hops and linky’s to broaden my exposure. 

6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?

I love practical posts that provide ideas that I can try out tomorrow in my classroom.  I also love organizational posts and classroom tours.  Anything with photos will keep me reading!

 7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?

My blog inspiration comes from my students and my classroom.  I love to share how I do things in hopes that it might inspire or help someone else. 

8.  Which post that you ‘ve written are you most proud of?

That is difficult to answer.  I haven’t posted a lot yet but I guess if I had to pick it would be my word wall post part 1. 



     9.  Is there any post you’ve been planning to o but have been postponing for a while now?

I have part 2 and 3 of my posts about my word work program.  I would like to post about math and my guided reading time too. 

 10.  What is your favourite aspect of blogging?

I love to read blogs.  It is like a window into the world of other teacher’s classrooms.  I get excited by the new ideas I see but also a little overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness of the classrooms. 
 

11.  Which project or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try?

I love your dying clothespins post.  I love the bright colours.  That is something I might try for my classroom.

     I nominate the following up and coming blogs for the Liebster Award:  Click on their link to check them out!  


Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:
1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below). 















2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination! I had already been nominated and the post is here -

    Living the First Grade Dream Liebster Award

    Katie
    Living the First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I clicked on your link but it said the page didn't exist :(

      Delete